Things I said I’d do this weekend, but didn’t:
1. Pluck my eyebrows. I don’t know, I debated. Pluck eyebrows – sleep? Pluck eyebrows – lounge? Pluck eyebrows – lollygag?
2. Work out. It wasn’t for lack of motivation, I assure you. Jillian Michaels’ 30 Day Shred is an ass kicker and my calves are still aching from last Wednesday’s Level 1 session. Plus, every time she says, “I know you’re hating me right now” I’m all like, “Hate you? Girlfriend, I freakin’ want to beat you up!” Except I can’t because, have you seen her biceps? OMG, they’re OMG. They scare me.
3. Read my book. It’s just that I’m at those first few chapters when I haven’t really invested in the story yet. And why would I spend my time reading when I could be making a wholesome meal for my family?
4. Give myself a foot spa. I got a pedicure Friday night. I actually wanted to get a foot spa, but there were two other women before me and when I showed up their sloughed off skin was all over the floor of the nail salon. It looked like someone had shaved off a large brown candle, except it wasn’t wax, it was nasty humongozoid flakes of skin. I nearly gagged and couldn’t bring myself to let the nice nail lady touch my feet. I have everything I need to do it myself anyway, but I didn’t because we went bowling with awesome friends and I forgot all about it. Only now the images are coming back to me. Ew.
5. Make a birdhouse. I told Sommer I’d help her build a birdhouse, but I didn’t say when, so this one doesn’t really count. Plus, she didn’t remind me about it. If she did, I had a great stalling argument for Saipan being the biggest, most wonderful birdhouse ever in the history of birdhouses. Why try and compete with Mother Nature?
On the other hand, I helped Hope with a school project, had a really productive conversation with Honey, got to hang out with great friends and finally got out of my slump. See how much you can accomplish when you don’t try?
- How Often Do You Maintain Your Eyebrows? (bellasugar.com)
- How To Pluck Your Eyebrows [DIY] (jezebel.com)
- Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD Only $6.99 (53% Savings) (faithfulprovisions.com)